Thursday, August 16, 2007

How about a blog?

Am sitting here, looking on craigslist because, well, that's my addiction, and just so happened to catch John McCain on the Daily Show and it inspired me. Despite all of his obvious flaws, and even his less obvious flaws, there's something I love about John McCain. I think it does go further back than my Com Law paper on campaign finance reform, though I think that's what really did it for me, but I do love that he is more than willing to speak with Jon Stewart and even have him call him out for doing things he has spoken against in the past (awkward exchange regarding him speaking at Liberty's commencement after saying very publicly he felt, well, that Falwell is (was) crazy, amazing). I think I like him because he represents the kind of Republican that I like, the kind that is knowledgeable and well-meaning and smart, and while not perfect and while still being GOP-ish, he's not a complete asshole. And he just made a comment saying that life shouldn't be like Jack Bauer, thank you. I also just think I'd like for him to be in my family, I'd like seeing him at Christmas. I've said for a while now that I'm not making any voting decisions anytime soon, and I stand by that, but I will say that McCain is on my good list.

In other news, oh, wait, that's right, there is no other news. I'm just sitting around, reading nonfiction (I've relapsed, I can't help it!) and not cleaning my apartment, though I did do a nice rearrangement in my bedroom to include the new dresser/armoire.

Oh my, new developments, I think blogging while watching TV is the new thing. I was just watching the throwback/toss-about between Stewart and Colbert and it was already mildly funny, Colbert essentially asking Jon to recall how much pot he has smoked, but with a nice little quip at the end Colbert said "I think we should post this on YouTube," boldly alluding to the fact that Viacom recently subpoenaed the two of them in their lawsuit against YouTube. I wondered what the two guys would think of it, if Viacom truly thought they would give testimony that would help their case, or if their contracts somehow make them into puppets in that sort of situation, I don't know. But I do love that they just overtly commented, even if only for a moment, warming my heart and refusing to crush my spirits that they really stand for what they do. I'm not typically this way, but the two of them make me idealist in a sick kind of way.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM , Blogger Sweet Tea and Mascara said...

Craigslist is my addiction too, thought i have not found any dates off of it ( through a lil' birdie) That is so GREAT!! Ha! I was facebook stalking you today and remembered how much I love you and miss you. You look simply beautiful, like a classic fresh and free feminine beauty, like a sunrise. All that to say you mind still challenges me like it always has and I wish we could talk more often. I love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home