"something like bored"
It’s Top Chef finale night! As a Bravo addict, I already knew that the challenge would be, in the words of the oddly handsome Tom Colicchio, “simple, just cook the best meal you can.” But what I didn’t anticipate was bringing in famous chefs to work as their sous chefs. How fantastic! What pressure to put on these three - Casey, Dale, and Hung - when just moments before they thought the pressure had been lifted with the freedom to choose their courses; they may have made it to the final, but they don’t have dozens of restaurants, television shows, nor are they infamous for having the palate of all palates. But the food is not what I want to talk about, at least not right now.Several weeks ago, while watching an episode of Top Chef probably with Jeremy in DC, I decided that Tom Colicchio would be the perfect date. Apart from his charm, I would be guaranteed good food and a good wine pairing (snobby of me, but get over it, I like wine). But now, watching these two handsome “sous chefs,” Todd English and Rocco Dispirito, chop onions and clean lamb chops and I’m thinking, “Wow, this is so hot. Sexy men prepping tasty ingredients, I can’t imagine what it would be like to see them actually cook!”
That’s it! For so long I’ve known what I don’t want in a man (someone with 7 year old boy taste in food, for starters), but now, for once, I know one kind of man that would make me happy: a chef. Think about it, the most obvious is that I love great food, great wine, and spending time with people who do as well. But also, lifestyle wise, I’m a creature of the night and have always wanted to somehow work my way into a life that was sleep-in friendly. Granted, the whole get down to the docks for the fresh fish thing isn’t sleep in friendly, thank you No Reservations for that, but I wouldn’t have to do that, haha. But seriously, I don’t need to head to bars or troll CL nor go to the grocery store. I should be going to the farmer’s market, I should be up at dawn getting the freshest fish, and I should somehow be hobnobbing with the chefs in this town. I want a man who will cook amazing things for me or go out to a fantastic restaurant and appreciate it.
On another note, what is it about Red Sox games that brings out the white trash?! I mean seriously! I just want to know where these people usually live and what they do, where they work, cause I feel like I never see them unless they are on the green line in ill-fitting jerseys and, if I’m lucky, drunk and singing songs I don’t know because, apparently, I’m not from “Boston.” And why do these girls wear such big earrings? The Red Sox bring out the crazies in so many different ways, stay tuned for my thoughts on the surge in panhandlers on game days and all the crazy things they say.
This undergrad Eli had the most interesting comment today on Altman’s Nashville. After describing how he wasn’t too keen on it, he said “I wasn’t bored, I was something like bored.” I’ve pondered those words and how it applies to my life all evening.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home